#OneHourGamedev – 7

Got a lot done today. Managed to do a proper solution for scaling as I wrote about in the last post. The game now scales to fit without stretching, which makes it actually playable in all possible resolutions (although I’m still focusing on portrait). Fortunately I wasn’t the only person to have this idea/problem and I managed to find a somewhat complete solution on the Defold forums.

I also implemented positional death triggers for the the player which was made possible by solving the scaling/stretch problem. This means that you can actually reset when you go out of bounds (the end menu appears). I’m not quite sure what’s up next, perhaps the reusable gui button mentioned in the previous post, or perhaps some particle effect for the player death. No matter exactly what’s up next, it’s getting exciting.

Posted in #OneHourGamedev, Game Development, Programming